Builders Club is a premium membership option in Habbo. Users who have bought membership have access to the Builders Club Warehouse, where they can use a virtually unlimited amount of available furniture in their rooms. The membership program was released on December 4, 2013.Skewing away from traditional premium membership options, Builders Club can only be purchased with real life money, and not with Credits. All users by default have a "free trial" of Builders Club until they actually purchase a membership, although the free trial takes away many of the features. Builders Club comes with many features primarily focusing around room customization and decoration.
History[edit | edit source]
The idea of Builders Club came about when Habbo staff noticed a strong following in the room building community of Habbo. But one problem was that many users did not have access to an adequate amount of furniture to build rooms that they want to build. After the introduction of Room Builders Inc, which was a group of users in charge of making rooms for various events in 2013 - 2014, Builders Club was officially announced on December 4, 2013 via a news article put out by Habbo staff. Room Builders Inc helped provide feedback detrimental to help improve the overall Builders Club experience, although they did not have access to it initially.
Cost[edit | edit source]
- 3 months HC + 3 months BC + 110 Credits combo - $41.99
- Monthly Subscription - $9.99/month
- 31 days - $9.99
- 14 days - $4.99
Features & Downsides[edit | edit source]
Commands[edit | edit source]
- :pickallbc - Picks up all Builders Club furniture in a room specifically. Does not pick up non-BC furniture.
- :floor - Opens up the Floor Plan Editor.
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Access to the Floor Plan Editor
- Access to the Builders Club Warehouse
- Achievement for being a Builders Club member
- Can be used to boost Build Your Room Achievements since many of the needed furni can be found in the Warehouse
- Access to campaign furniture for the duration of the campaign and after the campaign
- Access to campaign furniture before release (sometimes)
- Access to re-released campaign furniture and furni lines
- Exclusive access to the hundreds of different textured and shaped Building Blocks
- Exclusive access to different colored Alphabet Blocks
- Furniture limit gets raised by 250 furnis every month, for users who subscribe to Builders Club
Down Sides[edit | edit source]
- When you buy Builders Club, you actually have a limit of Builders Club furniture you can use in rooms. In order to increase the limit of furniture you can use at one time, you must buy expansions with credits. However, users who subscribe get the furni limit increased by 250 every month for free.
- If a user with a trial membership places a Builders Club furniture in their room, then their room automatically becomes locked. Only the room owner can enter the room until all trial furniture is ejected. This is also true for a user who has their Builders Club membership expire.
- The Wired section of the Builders Club Warehouse is not complete. You are only able to get Wired: Add-Ons and Sound FX furni.
Controversy[edit | edit source]
Many Habbos became angry at the fact that you are only allowed to pay real money in order to gain access to Builders Club. This payment model went against the previous payment models of other premium membership services in Habbo, such as Habbo Club, which accepted payment in real money or alternatively, in Credits.