Pets are bots that can be bought by players and are highly interactive. They were first introduced in January 2002, one of the first pets released being Cats. Pets vary in price, the most common price being 20 Credits. Pets are contained in the pets section of your inventory once bought. Pets cannot be traded, or recycled in the Furni-matic.
Types of Pets[edit | edit source]
Full Grown Pets[edit | edit source]
Click the name of the pet to be redirected to information about it.
Baby Pets[edit | edit source]
In late 2014, the ability the purchase baby pets through the shop was added. The baby pets cost on average five Credits less than their mature counterparts.
Puppies[edit | edit source]
Puppies are baby dogs. They each cost 15 Credits.
- English foxhound
- Golden retriever
- Black labrador
- White labrador
- Swiss mountain dog
- Italian greyhound
- American foxhound
Kittens[edit | edit source]
Kittens are baby cats. They each cost 15 Credits.
- American shorthair
- European shorthair 1
- European shorthair 2
- British shorthair
- Chinese Li Hua
- European shorthair 3
- Havana brown
- Russian white
Piglets[edit | edit source]
Piglets are baby pigs. They each cost 15 Credits.
- Middle White
- Gloucester Old Spots
- Oxford Sandy & Black
- Choctaw Hog
- Black & Grey Potbelly
- Kilchoan Spotty
- British Saddleback
Training[edit | edit source]
In December 2009, new pet features were introduced. These new features allowed you to train your pet, level them up, and earn badges for scratching, feeding and training. Prior to this, you could only say a certain amount of commands for your pet (Such as "SIT", "PLAY", or "LAY"). Pets will obey commands if given food, toy(s), and or water. However, they will turn grumpy if left unattended.
Scratching[edit | edit source]
Released late 2009, similar to respects, every user gets 3 scratches a day. You can use as many or as little of these daily scratches on your own or another player's pets. However, you will not keep the scratches you don't use. A pet being scratched will give the pet +10 experience each.
Note: Your account must be active for 14 days before you can scratch.
Breeding[edit | edit source]
In 2013, the ability to breed Terriers and Bears was added. In order to do it, you need a baby breeding box and two different pets. Two sets of achievements were added for breeding. Each pet can only breed once, and baby pets don't grow up. Two pets from different users can also breed, but each owner must be in the room and must confirm the action.
Pet Placement[edit | edit source]
An owner of a pet can place their pet in any of their (the owner's) rooms. If the owner of another room allows it (turning on the 'Allow Pets' room setting), you may place a pet in their room. However, the room owner can choose to "kick" your pets which will place them in your inventory. Pets are only available in guest rooms.
Old Pet Commands[edit | edit source]
Only some The following commands still work. These were put in place before the pet update, that allowed access to the training menu. However, you still speak these outloud when you press the button in the training menu. .
Commands anyone can use (including the owner)[edit | edit source]
sit: Makes the pet sit down
lie down: Gets the pet to lie down
jump: Makes the pet jump
speak: Gets the pet to bark/meow etc.
good: Boosts pet's ego and makes them happy
Commands only the Owner can use[edit | edit source]
- heel: Gets your pet to follow you
- come here: Makes your pet come to you
- beg: The pet will beg for a reward from you
- go away: Your pet will move away from you
- bad: Tells your pet off
- sleep: Makes your pet go back to its basket for a nap
- play dead: Your pet will roll onto its back and 'play dead' for a few moments
- play football: Your pet will play with the football in the room (if you have one.)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shortly after the Habbo Beta was released, users noticed that all pets had bed sheets on them making them look like they were ghosts. This was because the code for pets was not transferred into the beta yet, and the ghost sheet was the default image. All instances of this was fixed on August 11, 2009. However, even today the ghost sheet is used when pets are loading, and there are some bugs where the ghost sheet appears on the pets speech bubble.
- Within the first week of pets being released on Habbo, new scams came out to trick other users. These scams were mostly pet trading scams, where users would say that they have a pet present and asked other users if they wanted to trade for it, but the present turns out not to be a pet. The scam was reported on an issue of Habbo Hotel Happenings.
- The oldest pet in Habbo is named 'Char', and was created on January 29, 2004.
References[edit | edit source]